Managing virtual / hybrid teams
Personal brand of a Virtual / Hybrid Leader
Managing makes a leader face the necessity to build authority and consciously create their personal brand. An additional challenge is managing a multicultural team whose employees have different expectations of the boss. This is what we work on during ETTA’s virtual workshops.
Who is this training for?
For leaders and managers who manage virtual, international teams and want to consciously work on their personal brand.
Consult this training
What you will learn in the virtual workshop:
- you will understand how the authority of a leader is perceived in different cultures (low vs. high power distance),
- you will learn how to present yourself as a leader in a virtual environment, taking into account the different preferences of teams,
- you will learn specific tools and proven ways to build authority in the online world,
- you will gain the competencies to influence and manage a distributed team.
Advantages of the virtual training
- guarantee of interactive participation in training with the use of online engaging tools
- half-day workshops allow flexible organization of the workday
- relationships building with remote colleagues through joint participation in training
- participation in the workshop from anywhere, all you need is access to a computer
Virtual workshops program
Leader’s authority in virtual team
- What is authority and how do I understand it in my role?
- How do my beliefs about the role of a leader affect my work?
- Online environment – advantages and challenges for building a leader’s personal brand
- How is authority understood by diverse environments and individuals
- High and low power distance in different cultures vs. expectations towards a leader
- Decision-making style – does it serve my image in a diverse environment
- Managing a generationally diverse team – approaches of different generations to the role of a leader
- Communication that serves my image – how to build it in an online environment?
Leader’s personal brand in an organization
- My image within the organization – what is important for my role
- Influencing others – how to do that so that it serves me?
- How to make an impact in the online environment-specific methods and tools
- What to do to make sure that we matter to stakeholders in a global organization?
- Approaches to meetings and negotiations – what to expect from stakeholders originating from different cultures?
- Presenting proposals and solutions – what to pay attention to in a diverse environment?
- Sense of humor – does it serve a leader?
- Building my personal brand in the organization – an action plan
Diagnosis and prework
- in-take interview with the project sponsor
- diagnosis of participants’ needs (online questionnaire and calls)
- prework for participants (material to watch, read or listen to)
- training divided into 2 workshops, 3,5 hours each
- interactive working methods: discussions, chat, virtual board, questionnaires, videos, case studies, breakout rooms, external tools (Mentimeter, Miro, Funretro)
- participants: up to 12 people
Summary and follow up
- training materials for participants
- access to the ETTA knowledge base
- follow up call with the project sponsor