Managing virtual / hybrid teams
Leader of the virtual / hybrid team
Building an effective virtual/hybrid team, effective remote communication, conducting online meetings, and keeping employees engaged – these are the challenges global leaders face today. We know this because we have been working side by side with them for more than a dozen years. Gain the competencies of the future with ETTA.
Who is this training for?
For leaders and managers who manage virtual and hybrid teams and want to improve their competencies in this area.
Consult this training
What you will learn in the virtual workshop:
- you will understand the basic differences between managing a stationary and a virtual or hybrid team,
- you will learn how to take care of proper communication and information flow in a virtual/hybrid team,
- you will learn specific ways to have important conversations with virtual/hybrid team members,
- you will acquire the competencies to build motivation and maintain commitment in a virtual/hybrid team.
Advantages of the virtual training
- guarantee of interactive participation in training with the use of online engaging tools
- half-day workshops allow flexible organization of the workday
- relationships building with remote colleagues through joint participation in training
- participation in the workshop from anywhere, all you need is access to a computer
Virtual workshop program
Trust and inclusion – the foundation of a hybrid team
- Real opportunities and limitations of virtual / hybrid work
- Overview of current research on remote / hybrid work- what challenges does it pose for organisations, leaders, and employees?
- Online and onsite motivation – similarities and differences
- Building affiliation and engagement – 12Q tool from Gallup Institute
- Trust and belonging – how to ensure trust in a hybrid team and between teams
- Including new employees in a team, including people with different work patterns
- Red flags – what are the signals of difficulties in hybrid work, and what should be addressed first?
- Control vs. trust – how to organize the workday together with the team?
Effective communication in a virtual/hybrid team
- Channels and areas of communication – how to prevent exclusion of people working in different ways?
- Overwhelmed by communication and online meetings – how to redefine the rules of communication?
- Asynchronous communication – how to use it effectively.
- 1:1 meetings – a must for leaders
- Personal difficulties that members of hybrid teams may face – how to learn what they are?
- How to talk about emotions and/or in emotionally difficult situations
- Good practices for conversations in a hybrid team – is there anything beyond meetings?
- Ways to conduct real, personal conversations using various tools
Diagnosis and prework
- in-take interview with the project sponsor
- diagnosis of participants’ needs (online questionnaire and calls)
- prework for participants (material to watch, read or listen to)
- training divided into 2 workshops, 3,5 hours each
- interactive working methods: discussions, chat, virtual board, questionnaires, videos, case studies, breakout rooms, external tools (Mentimeter, Miro, Funretro)
- participants: up to 12 people
Summary and follow up
- training materials for participants
- access to the ETTA knowledge base
- follow up call with the project sponsor