First Time Online / Hybrid Leader
The transition from specialist to leadership level requires the acquisition of new competencies. This is specifically true today, where the process is online in most cases and the leader does not personally know the people he or she will be managing. This requires not only establishing authority but also building trust and maintaining commitment – something we work on in our ETTA training.
Who is this training for?
For young leaders and managers who manage virtual and hybrid teams, or want to prepare to take on this role.
Consult this training
What you will learn in the virtual workshop:
- you will learn how to build leader authority while nurturing relationships and building trust,
- you will learn specific tools and proven ways to communicate in a remote/hybrid team,
- you will gain the competencies to build motivation and maintain commitment in a virtual/hybrid team,
- you will learn how to recognize the stages of team development and take care to build your management style accordingly.
Advantages of the virtual training
- guarantee of interactive participation in training with the use of online engaging tools
- half-day workshops allow flexible organization of the workday
- relationships building with remote colleagues through joint participation in training
- participation in the workshop from anywhere, all you need is access to a computer
Virtual training program
First-time leader and the team
- Role of the leader – being between the people and the organization – my role as interface; being accountable for the organization’s decisions
- My purpose and my values as a leader
- Building authority – sources of authority and how to develop what is needed to make people follow in a hybrid / virtual environment?
- How to agree upon rules of common work with people that used to be our colleagues
- What motivates people depending on the stage of the team’s development?
- Building trust and belonging in the team – useful tools
- Goal of the team, transparency of individual goals and tasks – how to delegate to keep people on board?
- Organizing the work of hybrid / virtual team – good practices
Communicative leader in virtual/hybrid teams
- Communication in virtual/hybrid environment – what are the challenges?
- Synchronous and asynchronous communication – how to find the right balance?
- Assertive leader – communicating boundaries and decisions, setting and executing expectations
- Constructive feedback and assertiveness – how to make people feel appreciated and included?
- Powerful conversations – how to make people feel understood
- Conversations when things get difficult – practice useful conversation structures
- Introduction to coaching questions and basic coaching conversations
- Summary – my first steps toward being an effective first-time leader
Diagnosis and prework
- in-take interview with the project sponsor
- diagnosis of participants’ needs (online questionnaire and calls)
- prework for participants (material to watch, read or listen to)
- training divided into 2 workshops, 3,5 hours each
- interactive working methods: discussions, chat, virtual board, questionnaires, videos, case studies, breakout rooms, external tools (Mentimeter, Miro, Funretro)
- participants: up to 12 people
Summary and follow up
- training materials for participants
- access to the ETTA knowledge base
- follow up call with the project sponsor