Managing virtual / hybrid teams
Engaging online meetings
Online meetings have become our new normal – whether we work from home or from the office. Meetings with the team scattered around the world, calls with clients, one to one conversations between leaders and employees. In ETTA’s virtual workshop, we will show you how to organize and conduct such meetings well.
Who is this training for?
For leaders and managers, professionals, and members of virtual/hybrid teams who want to improve their competence in the area of conducting online meetings.
Consult this training
What you will learn in the virtual workshop:
- you will understand the basic elements that distinguish online meetings from office meetings,
- you will learn how to prepare for virtual meetings and how to conduct them to achieve your goals,
- you will learn specific tools and tested platforms used to conduct online meetings,
- you will gain the competencies that allow you to comfortably conduct different types of online meetings.
Advantages of the virtual training
- guarantee of interactive participation in training with the use of online engaging tools
- half-day workshops allow flexible organization of the workday
- relationships building with remote colleagues through joint participation in training
- participation in the workshop from anywhere, all you need is access to a computer
Virtual workshop program
Foundations of effective online meetings
- Why are online meetings not always effective?
- Research regarding the effectiveness of online meetings
- Preparing online meetings – most important elements
- Conducting the meeting – relational and technical aspects
- Some truths about focusing attention in the online world – how to maintain attention?
- Facilitating a meeting: how to begin, how to manage the group, what facilitation style to adopt?
- Tools that help to facilitate an online meeting – review
- Virtual boards – how to work with them to build participants’ involvement?
Online meetings – a broader perspective
- Chosen meeting forms – most common challenges
- Ways to prepare and structure a given meeting form to make it more effective and prevent the challenges
- Dealing with challenges – what to do in difficult situations in meetings
- Stakeholders – how to have them on board? How to make various participants more engaged?
- How to align different points of view in a meeting? Synchronous and asynchronous ways
- Agility in meetings – how to apply agile thinking mode in meetings
- Closing a meeting – how to do it so that every participant knows what and why to do
- Do we really need all of these meetings? Introduction to asynchronous communication
Diagnosis and prework
- in-take interview with the project sponsor
- diagnosis of participants’ needs (online questionnaire and calls)
- prework for participants (material to watch, read or listen to)
- training divided into 2 workshops, 3,5 hours each
- interactive working methods: discussions, chat, virtual board, questionnaires, videos, case studies, breakout rooms, external tools (Mentimeter, Miro, Funretro)
- participants: up to 12 people
Summary and follow up
- training materials for participants
- access to the ETTA knowledge base
- follow up call with the project sponsor