Wellbeing in a virtual team
Mental Health First Aider
Is it possible to spot early signs of mental health issues your colleagues might have? How to act if you see that this could be an issue? Answers to these questions are important in your work in a team, especially as a leader. With ETTA, you will learn how to take care of your own and your team’s mental health and what to do in difficult situations.
Who is this training for?
For leaders, managers and people who want to take care of their mental health and be able to support their teams in mental difficulties.
Consult this training
What you will learn in the virtual workshop:
- What are the most common mental health issues you can encounter in your colleagues in workplace?
- How to recognize warning signs of a mental health issue?
- What to do if you think your colleague might have a challenge with mental health?
- Mental health conversations – why is it important not to keep quiet?
Advantages of the virtual training
- guarantee of interactive participation in training with the use of online engaging tools
- half-day workshops allow flexible organization of the workday
- relationships building with remote colleagues through joint participation in training
- participation in the workshop from anywhere, all you need is access to a computer
Virtual workshop program
Mental health – introduction, signs of issues, first aid
- Introduction to the subject – what is mental health and how is it demonstrated in workplace?
- We are more fragile than we think – factors affecting mental well – being – work with case studies
- The most common difficulties with mental health that might be spotted in workplace (varying from increased stress level, depression, anxiety etc. to signs of psychosis)
- What are the signs and triggers of mental health issues? Practical activities
- How should I know that I need to step in? Building the confidence to step in as first point of support in mental health issues
- Some data on how peer support helps in getting help
Supporting mental health in our teams
- How exactly do I step in – a review of possible peer interventions – how to step in and reassure a person?
- The foundations: non-judgmental listening, listening with empathy and understanding
- Communication tools that are most effective in dealing with various mental health issues in your peers
- How to move forward – what are the possibilities of self – help, employer help, external support
- How do organizations approach mental health of their employees – review of solutions
- Summary – what do I need now to help my colleagues take the first step in solving their mental health issues?
Diagnosis and prework
- in-take interview with the project sponsor
- diagnosis of participants’ needs (online questionnaire and calls)
- prework for participants (material to watch, read or listen to)
- training divided into 2 workshops, 3,5 hours each
- interactive working methods: discussions, chat, virtual board, questionnaires, videos, case studies, breakout rooms, external tools (Mentimeter, Miro, Funretro)
- participants: up to 12 people
Summary and follow up
- training materials for participants
- access to the ETTA knowledge base
- follow up call with the project sponsor