Cross-culture cooperation and communication
Employees coming from Ukraine are in a way similar to Poles, but on the other hand, there are a number of cultural differences between those nations that matter in everyday work. By getting to know them earlier, leaders can more effectively support their multicultural teams in integration and mutual acceptance.
Who is this training for?
For leaders and managers who recruit/manage employees originating in Ukraine and want to be better prepared to manage the intercultural teams.
Consult this training
What you will learn in the virtual workshop:
- what are the fundamental cultural differences in Polish and Ukrainian cultures, such as the approach to time or expectations towards the boss,
- how to take care of adequate communication and information flow in the team,
- how to delegate tasks and provide feedback with motivation and engagement of the team in mind,
- how to establish clear rules of cooperation in Polish / Ukrainian teams, taking into account the current geopolitical situation.
Advantages of the virtual training
- guarantee of interactive participation in training with the use of online engaging tools
- half-day workshops allow flexible organization of the workday
- relationships building with remote colleagues through joint participation in training
- participation in the workshop from anywhere, all you need is access to a computer
Virtual workshop program
Ukraine and Ukrainians – fundamentals
- General information on Ukraine: people, climate, history, religion, culture
- Impact of history and the current geopolitical situation on Ukrainians’ behavior in teams
- Typical Ukrainian values and internal differentiation of Ukrainian culture
- The approach of Ukrainians to the Polish and to other nations
- Who are the Ukrainians working in Poland – data, and statistics
- Culture as an iceberg – how does culture influence our behaviors
- Impact of first impression on building relationships and future cooperation with Ukrainians
- Typical intercultural traps in contact with Ukrainians – where nuances matter
Cooperation with and managing Ukrainians
- Culture dimensions and their practical meaning in business – where are we closer and where further from each other?
- Typical communication challenges – not only the language but also the form.
- Who is a good employee? Who is a good boss? The perspective of both cultures
- Expectations towards the boss – who and how decides?
- Approach to time and timeliness – let’s set up clear rules
- Criteria for building trust in Polish and Ukrainian cultures
- Factors influencing the quality of business cooperation between the Poles and Ukrainians
- Understanding the key rules and developing an agreement – let’s build an effective Polish – Ukrainian team
Diagnosis and prework
- in-take interview with the project sponsor
- diagnosis of participants’ needs (online questionnaire and calls)
- prework for participants (material to watch, read or listen to)
- training divided into 2 workshops, 3,5 hours each
- interactive working methods: discussions, chat, virtual board, questionnaires, videos, case studies, breakout rooms, external tools (Mentimeter, Miro, Funretro)
- participants: up to 12 people
Summary and follow up
- training materials for participants
- access to the ETTA knowledge base
- follow up call with the project sponsor