Cross-culture cooperation and communication
Effective cooperation with the Indians, Germans, French… and other cultures
Training on your business partner’s culture will allow you to understand how to build a long-term relationship with people from other cultures, and therefore to communicate and manage common projects effectively. You can order training on the culture of any country at ETTA.
Who is this training for?
For managers, team members, and professionals cooperating with colleagues, clients, bosses, and other stakeholders from India, Germany, France, and other countries.
Consult this training
What you will learn in the virtual workshop:
- what values rule your business partner’s world and how to adequately interpret their behavior,
- where do behaviors you don’t understand come from and how to deal with them,
- how the knowledge of cultural dimensions can result in more effective communication and cooperation,
- how to establish and execute rules to improve the implementation of common international projects.
Advantages of the virtual training
- guarantee of interactive participation in training with the use of online engaging tools
- half-day workshops allow flexible organization of the workday
- relationships building with remote colleagues through joint participation in training
- participation in the workshop from anywhere, all you need is access to a computer
Virtual workshop program
Getting to know the Indians / Germans / French etc.
- What is culture? How does it influence our behaviors?
- Stereotypes – what do we think of each other?
- General information on India / Germany / France etc. – people, religion, history
- Important values in a given culture – how do they reflect in cooperation
- Coconuts and peaches – how do the Indians / Germans / French etc. develop trust
- How to make and sustain a good first impression on an Indian / German / French partner?
- Culture dimensions and their practical meaning in business
- Differences and similarities between chosen countries – where are we closer and where further from each other
Cooperation and communication with the Indians / Germans / French etc.
- Relationship vs. task orientation – what should we bear in mind not to strain good relations
- Approach to time in chosen cultures – should we be ready for rigid agendas or flexible calendars?
- Power distance and expectations towards bosses – what attitude to adapt to the role of boss and/or employee?
- How is „good communication” understood in a given culture – straight–forward, or between the lines,
- Cultural dimensions of communication: indirect and direct feedback, assertiveness, approach to conflict and confrontation
- Typical difficult situations in cooperation with Indians / Germans / French – what are they a result of and how to manage them?
- How to speak to be listened to
- Perfecting my intercultural competence – action plan
Diagnosis and prework
- in-take interview with the project sponsor
- diagnosis of participants’ needs (online questionnaire and calls)
- prework for participants (material to watch, read or listen to)
- training divided into 2 workshops, 3,5 hours each
- interactive working methods: discussions, chat, virtual board, questionnaires, videos, case studies, breakout rooms, external tools (Mentimeter, Miro, Funretro)
- participants: up to 12 people
Summary and follow up
- training materials for participants
- access to the ETTA knowledge base
- follow up call with the project sponsor