Cross-culture cooperation and communication
Working Successfully Across Cultures
Working in an international, culturally diverse team requires acquiring new competencies – understanding how culture affects our work style, communication, approach to time, or hierarchy in a team. This is what we have been teaching on ETTA trainings for over a ten years.
Who is this training for?
For specialists, Team Leaders, and managers who work in international teams and want to improve their intercultural competence.
Consult this training
What you will learn in the virtual workshop:
- to build relationships and trust with people from different cultures,
- to understand the differences in the approach to communication and adapt your messages to the other cultures,
- how the approach to time translates into everyday work and project management,
- to receive and provide feedback, taking into account the preferences of people from different cultures.
Advantages of the virtual training
- guarantee of interactive participation in training with the use of online engaging tools
- half-day workshops allow flexible organization of the workday
- relationships building with remote colleagues through joint participation in training
- participation in the workshop from anywhere, all you need is access to a computer
Virtual workshops program
Intercultural team – foundations
- Cultural background – how does it impact cooperation?
- Stereotypes and biases – where do they come from and how can they impact my approach to my colleagues?
- Culture as an iceberg – values and beliefs versus behaviors – how to adapt a non-judgemental approach?
- Looking for what we have in common as a way to develop cross-cultural cooperation
- First impression – how to build it in an intercultural team?
- Different patterns of building relationship and trust across cultures
- Coconuts and peaches, trust and distrust cultures – how to understand and work with the approach of your colleagues to building relations
- Introduction to culture dimensions as ways to understand the impact of intercultural differences on business
Effective member of cross-cultural team
- Timeliness or flexibility– what approach to time is expected in chosen cultures
- Power distance – approach to hierarchy in various cultures
- How best to approach your boss?
- What is considered „a job well done” across cultures?
- Formal e-mails, calls, written word – what to base our communication
- Cultural dimensions of communication: direct or indirect feedback, assertiveness, approach to conflict – examples from various cultures
- My communication style vs. other communication styles – high and low context
- How to speak to be listened to – preferred ways of presenting solutions in various cultures
Diagnosis and prework
- in-take interview with the project sponsor
- diagnosis of participants’ needs (online questionnaire and calls)
- prework for participants (material to watch, read or listen to)
- training divided into 2 workshops, 3,5 hours each
- interactive working methods: discussions, chat, virtual board, questionnaires, videos, case studies, breakout rooms, external tools (Mentimeter, Miro, Funretro)
- participants: up to 12 people
Summary and follow up
- training materials for participants
- access to the ETTA knowledge base
- follow up call with the project sponsor